PREPARATION: approx. 30 minutes
BAKE: approx. 25 minutes
- 900 g pumpkin (e.g. orange peck), rinsed hot
- 250 g brown mushrooms, halved or quartered depending on size
- 2 red pepperoncini, in rings, seeded
- 2 tbsp butter, liquid
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 thyme sprigs
- 350 g cherry tomatoes on the branch
- 200 g KALTBACH Creamy, in slices
- Fleur de sel, pepper
- Cut the pumpkin in half, remove the seeds, then cut into 2-3 cm thick slices, including the skin (see tip). Mix the pumpkin with all the ingredients up to and including the thyme in a bowl, spread on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Divide the tomatoes between them.
- BAKE: Bake in the middle of an oven preheated to 220°C for approx. 25 minutes. Remove the tray, spread the KALTBACH Creamy on top. Sprinkle some of the thyme leaves directly over the cheese. Continue baking for 5-10 min. until the cheese has melted, season.
The peel of the orange peck (Hokkaido) is edible when cooked through. Therefore, if using this variety, the pumpkin does not need to be peeled in this recipe.